Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Homemade Eye Masks For Dry And Oily Skin

Not long ago, a friend of mine named Annie told me about a recipe for a good eye mask that nourishes the sensitive skin around the eyes.
This eye mask is made from oat flakes and milk and is thought to be very useful if your eyes are tired and inflamed, she said. And it’s really easy to make it. You just need to mix two teaspoons of oat flakes with four teaspoons of milk, and wait for some time until the flakes swell. Then you should put the mixture on a piece of gauze and place it on your eyes. Keep it on for 20 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
Homemade Eye Masks For Dry And Oily SkinI spend too much time in front of computers, and my eyes are almost always tired and inflamed. So I decided to try this eye mask. But the effect wasn’t what I had expected. I had a strange feeling after the mask, as if the skin around my eyes became oily or something.
At first I thought that I did something wrong or maybe the mask was bad… but then I understood that this mask could be ideal for those who have dry skin, just like my friend Annie.
But my skin is rather oily, so I had to find another eye mask that would be suitable for me. And I found it:
  • Mix an egg yolk with the juice of half a lemon and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply this eye mask on the area around your eyes and keep it for at least 20 minutes. You can wash it then, but it will be better to clean it with a piece of cotton wet with warm (not hot!) milk.
This eye mask was really great for my oily skin, and my eyes felt relaxed after it. No more dark circles (as if I haven’t slept for ages!), no more need to try to find the best eye cream for dark circles that never works…
Besides, this eye mask is very good for preventing wrinkles, since egg yolk is rich in lecithin, cholesterin and many minerals that nourish your skin and make it smoother.
So, if you have dry skin, try the first eye mask I mentioned. And if your skin is oily, try the second one.
The skin around your eyes is very sensitive, after all, and you have to take good care of it so your eyes don’t look older :).

No comments:

Post a Comment